2016 Winter Seasonal Update
How can you help? Will there be an Open House Event? When is the building open to the public? What the status of the railroad construction? It’s that time of year again, time for a Seasonal Update.
How can you help?
People often ask how they can help out at the museum. If building a model railroad is not for you, but you like see the finished product, here are some ways you can help.
1. When you make a purchase on Amazon, please make use of Amazon Smiles. When you buy something on Amazon, they will donate a percentage for every $1 you spend. Click HERE for more information. The best part about Amazon Smiles is that you can use it all year around!
3. Make a general donation to the Museum, or have a friend or family make a donation on your behalf. We are a 501(c) 3 non profit organization, your donations are tax deductible. Click HERE for more information.
4. Make a donation of materials to help us complete our new model railroad. Send us an email if for more details. Supplies we required include items such as, white Elmer’s Glue, 4×8 good quality plywood, screws and other hardware.
Will there be an Open House this season?
In the past years, when we were located in Fort Washington, PA, we would have an open house for the public to come view our model railroad. Since we are still under construction, having an Open House event is not practical. However, our building is open to the public on Saturday’s from 9am to 12noon for anyone to come visit to see our progress. Come see what it takes to build a 3000 sq. ft. model railroad from scratch.
When is the building open to the public?
We will have the building open to the public for those who are curious as to what it takes to build a large 3000 sq. ft. model railroad. Come visit us on the following Saturday’s between 9am and 12noon.
- Dec 3rd, 10th, 17th.
- We will be closed on Dec 24th and the 31st.
- Jan 7th we will be open again every Saturday.
What is the status of our railroad construction?
Stop on by our building at 323 Montgomery Ave, at the corner of Sylvania and Montgomery Ave, in Rockledge, PA and find out for yourself.